Saturday, October 24, 2020

I just deleted all my old posts

 I clicked the little box that chooses all my blog posts and I hit the trash can icon. 

I guess it's a way of saying that my life has a need to be refreshed. It's been refreshing and going through a heckuva lot of changes since my husband died almost 3 years ago and I started mourning him. It hit a huge milestone on the freeway of change when I started a full-time job in a profession I thought I'd turned my back on.  I'm now the news director for a radio station in Annapolis, Maryland. I find myself saying out loud to people "I love my job." 

I looked into the job because they had a need and I had the skills. It was as simple as that. My skills were sitting there, in the back of my mind, just waiting for the opportunity to be awakened. Unlike when I was fresh out of college, those skills are seasoned by experience, time, and being willing to learn from others. I have benefited from my relationships, some closer than others, with journalists, commentators, writers, and newsmakers.

Some might ask if you love your job so much why did you not stay with your profession. One might think that would be easy to answer. There is a simple answer. For the uninitiated in the art of love, preserving relationships, and sacrificing for the sake of others, it's hard to understand. But, what if I told you that my heart knows that I did what I needed to do for the sake of another's soul and that I'm okay with my decisions? 

I can hardly believe it myself.

If I am anything or nothing, at least I'm honest. Some say I go with G-d. Maybe that's true? 

Talk amongst yourselves.  

 

No comments:

Blog Archive