Monday, January 07, 2008

Politics...


I've been avoiding writing about politics. It's hard to say something original without giving away my personal beliefs and party affiliation. Those who know me know that my affiliation is very transparent. I am what I am with no apologies.

I must confess to liking the spectator sport of politics. But, it often makes me wonder about the dexterity of our brains. Why do we forget so fast what we've heard in the past and have unwavering feelings that:
a) people can change their minds?
b) people can change what's in their guts - their convictions?
c) people can learn on the job - and we'd elect them "president?" Remember in olden days they used to call them apprentices or interns.

Well, America, we're in the thick of it. Don't lose your heads over the celebrity personas that these men and woman have.

No comments:

Blog Archive